As I was having trouble with gastritis and GERD recently I had to omit the mayonnaise I used to use for the period of time when my stomach has this inflammation in the acute and painful form.
Also the use of very fatty goose liver was out of the question. Coconut oil is my favorite thing in the world but it can irritate the irritated stomach lining even more, so it too had to go.
Sometimes I use to add onions and garlic to the "old pate" when blending, this I kept as it adds a lot of flavor, but again to adjust it to my current needs I just pop it in the hot water with the rest of the ingredients and let them simmer as well. This does take a lot of the nutrients from them, but it also takes the irritants.
|The final product|
The making of the mayo itself is very simple. You cook the meat and vegetables and put them with the rest of the ingredients into a blender and blend.
- chicken liver (from one chicken is enough)
- meat from one half of chicken breast
- two larger carrots
- one large onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tahini paste (this is optional, but I recommend adding it for the creamy texture)
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric (optional, I add it for the health benefits and the color)
- boil the meat, liver, vegetables for about 20 minutes.
- put in a food processor and add oil, blend for 1 minute, then add the rest of the ingredients and blend thoroughly for 3 minutes.
- store in a refrigerator for up to 4 days.